viernes, 28 de septiembre de 2012

Starting the back of the violin


So, I´m working a bit on the violin again

The back is one piece higly figured european maple. I have read , so I know that when building my first violin, I shouldnt use wood like that. Its to complicated to work with. But since I´m kinda stupid, very ignorant and a complete sucker for one piece higly figured maple violin backs, well, I decided to use this piece.

First the chunk is sawn more or less in size and with the drum sander taken down to 16mm thickness.
Next the thing is sawn out with the band saw... 



Another thing is that i upload photos and comments on the building of guitar number 100 almost every day.

http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com.es/p/building-guitar-number-100.html

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario